1. Narrate to textWindows Phone 8 already has Microsoft’s native speech recognition function ‘Microsoft TellMe’. To add some cheese to it, you can turn on the Message feature only if you have a Bluetooth headset. This feature will read out incoming text messages to which you can narrate your reply and send it.
2. Manage running appsThe physical back button on the Lumia 920 makes it easy to manage the background apps. Pressing and holding the back button will show you all the apps that are running in the background. Pressing the back button within an app will close it, again tapping the back button will take you to previously running app. Tapping the back button several times will close all the running apps.
3. Stay NotifiedAnother native function this will notify you about the missed calls, text messages, emails and calendars. Go to Settings > Lock screen and tap app to show quick status. This will allow you to choose from what notifications are to be displayed on the lock screen. Getting battery saver along with it, you can check the battery level without unlocking the phone.
4. Taking ScreenShotsHard luck for Windows Phone 7.5 users as they never got this feature for their phone. Taking screenshots on Windows Phone has never been so simple. With Windows Phone 8, this feature is added natively into the software. To take screenshots press the unlock button and the Windows button at the same time.
5. Unfreeze PhoneIn case if your phone freezes and refuse to boot up, don’t worry nothing serious might have happened. In this case, hold down the volume button, the unlock button, and the camera button until the phone vibrates.
6. Lock Screen customizationBored with the same wallpaper? Windows Phone 8 offers variety of options to bring the lockscreen to life. Go to Settings > Lock screen and tap background. You can auto change the lock screen wallpapers with photos from your camera roll or Facebook or assign an app to do it.
7. Don’t miss any eventWindows Phone reminds you about your events and meetings right on the lock screen. To enable it go to Settings > Lock screen and tap Notifications. The default selection for this is calendar, so all the calendar entries will pop-up as notification.
8. Connectivity ShortcutsA third-party app named ‘ConnectivityShortcuts’ will allow you to easily access your Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Cellular Data, Airplane mode and Location settings right from the start screen. This is a hassle free way to toggle on and off the features without going into the settings app.
9. Pin to start-screenWindows Phone provides an ability to pin almost anything to the start screen. You can pin your favorite apps, songs, playlists, contacts, groups, pictures, videos and lot more things. This is the easy way to access them without searching for them.
10. Reach out to everyone with groupsYou can make a separate group of people who you want to see updates on. Pinning this to start screen will make it easier to see updates from those groups on their respective live tile.
How to Factory Reset Nokia Lumia 920
Resetting your Nokia Lumia 920 will restore your default settings. It will also delete all your files on your phone, so it is recommended to have a backup files on your computer. Resetting is also applicable when your device is currently frozen. Unlike the other phone, Nokia Lumia 920 battery is has an internal or non-removable battery. So, do not attempt to remove your battery when it is frozen.
Step 1. Press and hole the volume down key together with the power button for about 10 seconds.
Step 2. Your phone should switch to off. Turn your phone back on by pressing the power button.
Step 3. Then update your phone software.
Step 4. To reset your phone.
- On the start screen, swipe left to access the settings.
- Tap on "Settings".
- Select "About", then "reset your phone".
If your issue still unsolved, it is advisable to contact your network service provider or Nokia.
How to Import Contacts From Old Phone to New Phone (on iPhone, Samsung, HTC and Nokia)
Contacts is very important for everyone of us. We can't connect to our friends without a contact number. If you have a new phone, saving contacts on the phone one by one is so hassle. But now, there's an easy way how to transfer or import your contacts from your old phone to your new phone.
Use your PC to transfer contacts to your new phone. This process is applicable in several phone brands, including iPhone, Samsung, HTC and Nokia.
You just need an Internet Connection on your PC, your old and new phone and their own USB cable.
Then you need to install the PC Companion program. This is a free application and the installation files are already saved on your new phone. This program can also be used in updating your phone software.
Please note that if you are using the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system on your PC, make sure that the AutoPlay setting is enabled.
To check your settings:
Click Start > Control Panel, then type "autoplay" on the search box. Click the AutoPlay, and mark the check box Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
Installing the PC Companion:
Installing the PC Companion:
- Turn on your new Phone and connect it to your PC.
- On your new Phone, tap "Install" to install PC Companion on the PC.
- On your computer, if a pop-up window that appears notifies you about available PC Software, select Run Startme.exe.
- Then click Install to start the installation and then follow the instructions to complete the installation.
If you are not prompted with a pop-up window to install the PC Companion, you can also download the PC Companion here.
Transferring your contacts to your new phone:
- Make sure that PC Companion is installed on your PC.
- Open the PC Companion application on your PC.
- Then click Contacts Setup and follow the instructions to transfer your contacts.
How to Take a Screenshot on Nokia Lumia 920
Did you just created a nice piece of art on your new Nokia Lumia 920 phone?Or perhaps you've just personalized your screen and want others to know how you've come up with it.Well, take a screenshot and brag it to your friends. Here's how you can capture a screenshot of your Nokia device.
1. Press on the power key on the right side of the phone and the start key simultaneously for few seconds.
2. To see the screenshot, tap on Photos and select Screenshots.
3. Tap and hold the screenshot you wish to send and then tap on share on the options.
There you have it. You've just captured a screenshot.
How to Scan Codes on Nokia Lumia 920
Nokia's latest installment of smartphone, the Lumia 920, allows you to scan QR codes, barcodes and book and dvd covers. Your device will give you further info after you scan the codes. Here's how you can make use of this feature.
1. First, you need to tap
2. Then tap on
3. And point the camera at the code. Make sure to keep the camera steady on the code and should be completely visible in the camera viewfinder.
How to Save Battery Life on Nokia Lumia 920
Battery Life depends on how you use your device. For Nokia Lumia 920 device, if you want to save your battery to last longer hours, you may need to adjust your settings. Follow these suggestions:
• Turn on the power-saving option on the device. Then lessen the screen brightness and the screen lock timeout. On the Home Screen, swipe left, then tap on the Gear Icon or Settings > Battery saver.
- Be reminded that when your phone goes into battery saver mode, you may not be able to change the settings of all apps.
- If you want to change the settings of the Battery saver, tap on Advanced.
• Turn down your device volume with the volume keys.
• Close any apps or features when you are done using it so they will not continuously running in the background.
• Turn off the network connection if you are out of range so that your device will stop searching for a network signal.
• You should use the latest version of the software update. Software updates improves some features and fixes some bugs on the previous software version.
• Turn off the camera flash.
• The camera viewfinder can be a power drain, so after you've finished taking photos, press the left arrow key.
How to Track and Delete Files Remotely on Your Lost Windows Phone
Did you lose your phone? Or misplaced it? Worried about your files? So many questions but only one answer. Go to www.windowsphone.com. In this site you can track your Windows phone, delete your files, make your phone ring, and locked your phone to show a message to return it.
Find my Phone will make your life easier to find it or it can also prevent other person from using it without your consent.
How to Track your Phone / Map Location:
- Go to www.windowsphone.com.
- Point your mouse on "Explore My Phone" and click Find My Phone.
- Sign in with the same Microsoft account you used to sign in on your phone.
- If you are not seeing the latest location of your phone, click Refresh.
- You can also print the hard copy of your phone location, just click Print.
- Click Center on Map if you lost the location of your phone.
How to make your phone ring:
- While you are signed in on www.windowsphone.com, click on Ring.
- Just follow the instructions to make your phone ring.
How to Erase your phone:
- While you are signed in on www.windowsphone.com, click on Erase.
- If you are sure to erase your phone, click on Yes! Erase my phone immediately check box.
- To confirm click Erase.
How to Lock your phone and show a message:
- While you are signed in on www.windowsphone.com, click on Lock.
- Just follow the instructions to lock your phone ring.
- If you don't have a password then you need to create one, you will use it to unlock your phone if you get it back.